Red Bull's triple World Champion Sebastian Vettel won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday but his victory was overshadowed by the death of a marshal, the first fatality in Formula One in over a decade.
Mick Schumacher, son of seven times world champion Michael, made his Formula One test debut with Ferrari on Tuesday at the Bahrain circuit, where 15 years ago his father won the first Grand Prix in the Middle East.
Former Formula One driver Robert Kubica will drive a Citroen in the European and world rally championships this year as he continues his comeback from a near-fatal rally accident.
Bahrain could replace Australia as 2010 Formula One season-opener while Canada may also reappear on the calendar, BMW-Sauber boss Mario Theissen said on Thursday. Australia has hosted the season-opener since 1996, although Bahrain took the slot in 2006 when the Melbourne race was moved back to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games in the same city.
Vitaly Petrov left his Lada driving days far behind on Sunday when he signed with Renault as Russia's first Formula One racer. The 25-year-old from Vyborg, near the Finnish border, was runner-up in last year's GP2 support series to Germany's Nico Hulkenberg, who makes his debut with Williams this season.
Mexican Sergio Perez named compatriot Esteban Gutierrez as his 2013 replacement at Sauber despite no formal news from the Swiss Formula One team.
Sahara Force India's Paul di Resta on Saturday qualified 10th on the grid while his teammate Nico Hulkenberg will start Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix in the 12th position as action returns to Formula One after the summer break in Spa-Francorchamps.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton gave his Formula One title hopes a huge boost when he took pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday with his main rival Felipe Massa of Ferrari qualifying third.
Former world champions Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button are among six drivers hit with a plethora of penalties on the grid for Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
Kamui Kobayashi, Japan's only current Formula One driver, is hoping a website campaign can help raise the funds to keep him on the starting grid next season after being dropped by the Sauber team.
Lewis Hamilton avoided mayhem around him to open the F1 season with a pole-to-flag victory in a crash-strewn Australian Grand Prix.
Sahara Force India has conceded that sixth place is out of their reach with just two races left in the season as the side prepares for the US Grand Prix, which is making a Formula One comeback after five years.
A selection of Formula One cars and memorabilia will be auctioned off at the airport over a six-week period from February 19.
Sauber's Mexican driver Sergio Perez cancelled his Indian Grand Prix media commitments due to illness on Thursday with doubts about whether he would be fit for Friday practice.
Germany's Timo Glock will race for the Toyota Formula One team next season, replacing compatriot Ralf Schumacher. Cologne-based Toyota said in a statement on Monday that the 25-year-old had signed a multi-year deal. He will partner Italian Jarno Trulli.
World champion Lewis Hamilton took pole for Mercedes in qualifying on Saturday for Formula One's season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
Ferrari could lead other Formula One teams into an alternative championship if the sport becomes too much like the US-based NASCAR series.
The German teenager showed he is ready to come of age in Formula One by shining in free practice for his race debut in Sunday's US GP.
Renault, Honda, Toyota, McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber will not be guaranteed one of the 12 team slots if they failed to sign up in time.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton crashed out of the Belgian Formula One Grand Prix Sunday, bringing out the safety car.
The 38-year-old 2007 Formula One world champion announced this week that he was leaving Ferrari for the second time in his career and had signed a two-year contract with the modest Sauber team, where he started in the sport back in 2001.
Formula One's governing body on Tuesday named Lotus as the 13th team for the 2010 championship.
Formula One's struggling teams played down talk of a possible boycott of Sunday's U.S. Grand Prix on Friday as argument over division of the sport's revenues grew more heated on Friday.
Brazilian Grand Prix stewards cleared BMW's Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld and Williams' Nico Rosberg of alleged fuel irregularities.
Ferrari Formula One boss Mattia Binotto has handed in his resignation and will leave at the end of the year, the championship runners-up said on Tuesday.
Mexican Sergio Perez will race for Force India next season, the British-based Formula One team announced on Thursday.
Formula One breathed a sigh of relief on Sunday after the sport's new 'halo' head protection device saved Charles Leclerc from what might have been a potentially serious impact.
Struggling smaller F1 teams like Sauber and Force India have long argued that the distribution is skewed in favour of leading manufacturers, who receive special payments regardless of how they perform on the track.
New McLaren driver Sergio Perez set the fastest lap on the second day of Formula One testing at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on Wednesday.
Dutch rookie Max Verstappen, signed controversially as a 16-year-old by Toro Rosso, has swept a hat-trick of awards after confounding his critics in an impressive debut Formula One season.
Sebastian Vettel trimmed Lewis Hamilton's Formula One lead to 17 points with eight races remaining.
Sahara Force India will guard against complacency in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix, the final race of the 2013 Formula One season, as the team wants to finish sixth in the constructors' title and the drivers want to sign off on a high.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton added the Italian Grand Prix to his list of Formula One victories on Sunday while Ferrari's Fernando Alonso stretched his overall championship lead to 37 points with third place.
Britain's Lewis Hamilton won the Italian Formula One Grand Prix for McLaren on Sunday with Sauber's Mexican driver Sergio Perez finishing second.
Ferrari's Formula One championship leader Fernando Alonso and McLaren's Lewis Hamilton crashed out of the Belgian Grand Prix at the start on Sunday.
The wife of Mercedes motorsport head and Williams shareholder Toto will be driving the FW35 car on Friday in a young driver test that has been thrown open to race regulars as well to allow Pirelli to test tyres after controversial recent blowouts.
Sauber's Mexican rookie Sergio Perez looked certain to miss Sunday's showcase Monaco Grand Prix after crashing heavily in qualifying and being taken to hospital.
Even split seconds could not separate Romain Grosjean and Kamui Kobayashi at the top of the Formula One test timesheets at Italy's Mugello circuit on Wednesday.